Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Ryerhol Jay Ryerhol is offline

Default Word document blank after conversion to pdf

I just converted two 2003 Word docs to pdfs using Acrobat Standard 6.0. Both
were large files (15M and 25M). The first one converted successfully, but the
second one caused the program to lock up after 2 hours of processing. The
pdfs aren't the problem, however. When I opened the Word documents again,
each was totally blank. What could have caused this?
--
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You had a 25MB document that you had not saved?

I would try printing it in several bits to the Adobe PDF printer and then
try using Adobe's facility to create a pdf from multiple files to combine
the parts into one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jay Ryerhol" wrote in message
I just converted two 2003 Word docs to pdfs using Acrobat Standard 6.0.
Both
were large files (15M and 25M). The first one converted successfully, but
the
second one caused the program to lock up after 2 hours of processing. The
pdfs aren't the problem, however. When I opened the Word documents again,
each was totally blank. What could have caused this?
--
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Ryerhol Jay Ryerhol is offline

Yes, I had backups. I am aware of the workaround and have used it. It just
doesn't make sense that the Word document would be blank after processing the
pdf. I've followed that same procedure many times for small and large
documents. I thought someone might be aware of a bug.

Thanks for your comment.
--
Jay

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Ryerhol Jay Ryerhol is offline

By choosing the "Convert to PDF" icon on the toolbar. I used to create PDFs
the way you suggested, but our webmaster wants them done this way, as more
document information is captured and made available for the search function.
I looked through the preferences to see if there might be any clues, but none
were apparent to me.
--
Jay