Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OnenessSaint OnenessSaint is offline

Default How do I set Word to Autocorrect when I copy/paste?

How do I set up a function in Word to automaticly replace certain words
without having to input an entire list for each document. I copy/paste a
document into Word from another program and then have to use the "replace"
feature dozens of times. Is there anyway to save these replacements and have
Word perform them automaticly? Or else run the list for me when I manually
execute the autocorrect?
I am using Word 93.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create your common list of replacements in a two column table - first column
the words you are looking for, the second with their replacements. Save the
document then run the following macro having changed the filename and path
of the table document in the line:
Set ChangeDoc = Documents.Open("D:\My Documents\Test\changes.doc")

Sub ReplaceFromTableList()
Dim ChangeDoc As Document, RefDoc As Document
Dim ctable As Table
Dim oldpart As Range, newpart As Range
Dim i As Long
Set RefDoc = ActiveDocument
Set ChangeDoc = Documents.Open("D:\My Documents\Test\changes.doc")
Set ctable = ChangeDoc.Tables(1)
RefDoc.Activate
For i = 1 To ctable.Rows.Count
Set oldpart = ctable.Cell(i, 1).Range
oldpart.End = oldpart.End - 1
Set newpart = ctable.Cell(i, 2).Range
newpart.End = newpart.End - 1
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Execute findText:=oldpart, _
ReplaceWith:=newpart, _
replace:=wdReplaceAll, _
MatchWildcards:=False, _
Forward:=True, _
Wrap:=wdFindContinue
End With
Next i
ChangeDoc.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

OnenessSaint wrote:
How do I set up a function in Word to automaticly replace certain
words without having to input an entire list for each document. I
copy/paste a document into Word from another program and then have to
use the "replace" feature dozens of times. Is there anyway to save
these replacements and have Word perform them automaticly? Or else
run the list for me when I manually execute the autocorrect?
I am using Word 93.

Steward Spergs Steward Spergs is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mayor View Post
[...]

This looks like something that will be so helpful! In Word, I am always adding words to autocorrect that I commonly mix up like "liek" with "like". I do this by adding words to autocorrect by clicking on options, then proofing, then click on auto correct options which allows me to add new words. My question for you is how can I copy all the words I have saved under the autocorrect list so that I can post them on the two columns in another document like you said to do so that I can have pasted texts auto corrected and not have to waste time with the spell check.
Thanks again for posting what you posted!