Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacey[_2_] Stacey[_2_] is offline

Default Horizontal orientation in table

Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:41:01 -0700, Stacey
wrote:

Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?

Select the cells in question and right-click. On the menu, click Cell
Alignment. On the flyout you'll see nine thumbnails for all the
combinations of horizontal and vertical alignment; choose any of the
three in the bottom row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Stacey,

You can for bottom alignment by selecting the cell(s) concerned and using Table|Table Properties|Cell Bottom. Do note, though,
that table paragraphs formatted with spacing after (Format|Paragraph), including the paragraph containing the table cell marker will
retain their 'after' spacing.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Stacey" wrote in message ...
Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacey[_2_] Stacey[_2_] is offline

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I've tried both right-clicking on
the cell and choosing the bottom orientation and also clicking in the cell,
going to table properties and formatting the cell to bottom. It just will
not move to the bottom.

wrote:

Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?

Select the cells in question and right-click. On the menu, click Cell
Alignment. On the flyout you'll see nine thumbnails for all the
combinations of horizontal and vertical alignment; choose any of the
three in the bottom row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacey[_2_] Stacey[_2_] is offline

I think you mean the "Spacing - After" int he paragraph formatting. If so,
then it is set to 0 pt, as is the "Before".

"macropod" wrote:
Hi Stacey,

You can for bottom alignment by selecting the cell(s) concerned and using Table|Table Properties|Cell Bottom. Do note, though,
that table paragraphs formatted with spacing after (Format|Paragraph), including the paragraph containing the table cell marker will
retain their 'after' spacing.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Stacey" wrote in ...
Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you select double spacing (or any other kind of Multiple spacing), the
extra space is added below the text. If you want the text at the bottom,
you might try instead using Exactly spacing, which puts the extra space
above the text.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up
several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the
bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?

Select the cells in question and right-click. On the menu, click Cell
Alignment. On the flyout you'll see nine thumbnails for all the
combinations of horizontal and vertical alignment; choose any of the
three in the bottom row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stacey[_2_] Stacey[_2_] is offline

Yeah! That worked when I changed the "before" to 12 and "exactly" You're a
peach!! And thank you to all the others that gave their suggestions.

wrote:

Good afternoon. I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up
several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the
bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. Any suggestions?

Select the cells in question and right-click. On the menu, click Cell
Alignment. On the flyout you'll see nine thumbnails for all the
combinations of horizontal and vertical alignment; choose any of the
three in the bottom row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Setting it in paragraph formatting overrides the setting in the
paragraph style in just that one paragraph, and might in turn be
overridden the next time you apply a style that doesn't have a Space
After of zero.

"macropod" wrote:
Hi Stacey,

You can for bottom alignment by selecting the cell(s) concerned and using Table|Table Properties|Cell Bottom. Do note, though,
that table paragraphs formatted with spacing after (Format|Paragraph), including the paragraph containing the table cell marker will
retain their 'after' spacing.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"Stacey" wrote in ...
Good afternoon. *I have a table in Word 2003 and am trying to set up several
rows with double spacing and would like the orientation to be on the bottom.
No matter what I try, I can't get the text to move to the bottom of the
cells. *Any suggestions?--

Followup to Table Orientation question... Sue Tables 1 September 18th 08 05:18 PM
Table orientation Sue Tables 1 September 18th 08 05:17 PM
Landscape orientation selected but prints Portrait orientation Brenda Microsoft Word Help 0 July 12th 06 02:11 PM
How can I change a table orientation Help with Tables & Text Direction Tables 1 December 6th 05 07:03 PM
Table Orientation in Word Robin Hourican Microsoft Word Help 3 December 2nd 05 05:24 PM