Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
editserv

Default trouble with editing text by highlighting and overtyping

My 2003 Professional Word (and also, it seems, in the Outlook email
editing) program which I upgraded from Office 97 no longer allows me to
highlight text, then type replacement text which automatically deletes
the old text and replaces it with the text currently being typed.
Instead, I am forced to first highlight the text, press delete to get
rid of it, and type the new text. I never had to hit the delete key in
my old version, and I'm wondering if there is a setting which I need to
change or activate. Note, I am not talking about overstrike mode, but
routine editing using the mouse to highlight text, which you then
automatically replace as you begin to type.

Thanks,
Susan

--
editserv
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing
replaces selection" box | OK.