Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
_NathanK_ _NathanK_ is offline

Default Show row & column headings?

Hi Folks,

I am inserting an Excel object (insert -- object -- MS Excel
worksheet) in Word.

What i'd like to be able to do, is to be able to display the row and
columns headings or titles when i've "clicked off" the sheet.

I cant seem to figure it out, all i can see is the cells in the
spreadsheet, no headings :-/

any ideas?

-nat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

"_NathanK_" ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: ...

Hi Folks,

I am inserting an Excel object (insert -- object -- MS Excel
worksheet) in Word.

I cant seem to figure it out, all i can see is the cells in the
spreadsheet, no headings :-/

That is a feature by design. OLE objects are supposed to bear no marks of their origin. Headings are not part of the sheet, Excel adds them just for your convinience, like menu or toolbar.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
_NathanK_ _NathanK_ is offline

On Sep 18, 5:03*am, "st" wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am inserting an Excel object (insert -- object -- MS Excel
worksheet) in Word.

I cant seem to figure it out, all i can see is the cells in the
spreadsheet, no headings :-/

That is a feature by design. OLE objects are supposed to bear no marks of their origin. Headings are not part of the sheet, Excel adds them just for your convinience, like menu or toolbar.

Ok, thanks! good to hear it wasn't just me that couldnt work it out. I
appreciate the response!

-nat