Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect is offline

Default Numbering Labels

Hi All,

I want to number a lot of labels (800). I want to use Avery label 5109.
They are on a 4x6 sheet of paper, 9 row with five columns (two columns
separate the three labels that are actually printed on). So, there are 27
labels.

I'm new to Word and need to get something out ASAP so if I could get
step-by-step instructions rather than being referred to a website (although I
could read the website later), I would really appreciate it.

I want to number the labels starting with 1811 and then have each label
automatically numbered after that. What I am thinking is that I create a
page number in column 1 row 1 starting at 1811, but then how do I get the
rest of the labels to get numbered (without numbering the 2nd and fourth
column)?

Should I be creating a different kind of file/template/macro with a
nextrecord command, again avoiding columns 2 and 4? This seems really
complicated.

In WordPerfect each label is considered a new page so I could create a page
number, hit ctrl enter, and have the next label numbered consecutively
(although I'm not sure how I'd deal with the 2nd and 4th column again).

Any magical ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

For Word and Excel 2007
Search the Word Help under mail merge and watch the demo: Create a set of
labels with mail merge.

Use Excel to create two columns of numbers. The first column is for the
label number; the second column is for label text.
Use the Mail Merge in Word to print the label text on each label. As some
of the label text is blank you may have to print the label number in white
ink on the label to get the spaces to print properly.