Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Blue Max Blue Max is offline

Default How do we format footnote styles?

We prefer footnotes that include an automatic number and then a hanging
indent to the right of the number. As such, the footnote numbers will all
reside in a column of their own next to the left margin, while all the text
of the footnotes, including multiple-line footnotes, will be evenly indented
together to the right of the footnote numbers. Is there a way to change the
footnote style so that this will happen automatically? The change is very
easily accomplished in WordPerfect, but we don't see how to change the
footnote stye in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can modify the Footnote Text style to have a hanging indent, but you
will have to insert the tab character after the reference number manually
(though see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...cptFnotes.htm).

"Blue Max" wrote in message
We prefer footnotes that include an automatic number and then a hanging
indent to the right of the number. As such, the footnote numbers will all
reside in a column of their own next to the left margin, while all the
text of the footnotes, including multiple-line footnotes, will be evenly
indented together to the right of the footnote numbers. Is there a way to
change the footnote style so that this will happen automatically? The
change is very easily accomplished in WordPerfect, but we don't see how to
change the footnote stye in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Blue Max Blue Max is offline

Thank you Suzanne. This limitation is a real shame, especially since other
programs have much simpler, yet extremely flexible, features for quickly
automating such changes.

Thank You