Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Puzzled205 Puzzled205 is offline

Default Removing a "hidden" watermark?

I'm working with a document in Word 2003. I need to delete a watermark that
I don't see in the document, but appears when I use a software program called
Workshare Deltaview. In Word 2003, I have tried viewing the document in
Print Layout, Normal Layout, and Print Preview, and I've tried printing the
document. The watermark does not show up in Word. It does show up in the
other software program. I'm really puzzled.

I have tried removing the watermark from the Format | Background command, by
viewing the Header/Footer, and by trying to find a WordArt image. I've tried
hiding the text while viewing the Header/Footer. I've tried the View Hidden
Text feature in Tools | Options. No luck on any of these. I have tried
saving the document as XML and saving it back to DOC. No luck there either.

I need to delete this watermark, but I need to find it first! I'm wondering
if there is some way that it has been hidden as WordArt behind the text and I
can't seem to select it? Has my document become corrupted? Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

I may be confused, but if the watermark does not appear in Word, they
you cannot delete it in Word. I'm not familiar with Workshare
Deltaview, but it sounds like it is adding the watermark, so maybe you
should begin your search there.

On Oct 10, 2:53*pm, Puzzled205
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Based on your description there only seems to be 2 other possibilities:

1- The watermark is being generated in whatever that other program is, or

2- You're printing from that program to a different printer which imposes a
watermark of its own.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac