Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marta Marta is offline

Default How do I hide the formatting symbols?

HELP! I read your answer about the ctrl, shift and * and those marks are
still all over my page! I'm losing it here!! I have word 2007 and can't find
anything to remover these darns things. PLease help me? THanks

"Greg" wrote:

CTRL+SHIFT+*

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Click the ¶ button on the Home tab of the ribbon to toggle the display of
formatting marks.
The keyboard shortcut retained from earlier versions is CTRL+* (CTRL+Shift
8)
See also Word Options Display to select them individually.

"Greg" wrote:

CTRL+SHIFT+*

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
I suddenly have all of these symbols everywhere in my

document. I'm assuming
that they're formatting symbols. How do I hide them?

They're too distracting.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Click the Office button and then click Word Options. In the Display
category, clear all of the options under "Always show these formatting marks
on the screen." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP