Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MIUSS MIUSS is offline

Default How to set the appearance of a default blank document in MS Word2007? For understanding I want template just after I start word.

I was looking for last three hours to solve this problem but couldn't
find some solution. I need this:

When I open Word to example from the start menu or from desktop (just
the program), I need word to immediately open the template I've
created, not just a blank document. Is it possible somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to edit the start button for Word. I suggest creating a new
shortcut on the desktop and add the the template to the startup path so that
it looks something like:

"full path/winword.exe /ttemplatename"

For full details, open Word 2007, press F1 and search for 'Command-line
switches for Word 2007'.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"MIUSS" wrote in message
I was looking for last three hours to solve this problem but couldn't
find some solution. I need this:

When I open Word to example from the start menu or from desktop (just
the program), I need word to immediately open the template I've
created, not just a blank document. Is it possible somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Alternatively, you can just add a shortcut to the template on the desktop.
Double-clicking it will create a new document based on the template. Be
aware, however, that this affects only the initial document. Clicking New
will still get you a blank document based on Normal.dotm.