Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Default Dont reformat the text for printl ayout mode when I use outline mo

Dont reformat the text for print layout mode when I use outline mode to make
things hierchial.
I found this once and forgot how to do it.
I search all over and cant find it again.
P.S. I am not tlking about just removing the look temporarily in outline
view. I want to organise it outline but have the text stay the same in print
view.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Default Dont reformat the text for printl ayout mode when I use outlin

Sorry, what I mean is I want to use outlining to catergorize but not do ANY
formating and not to make the sytle headline 1 etc. just leave it alone.

"Michael" wrote in message
Dont reformat the text for print layout mode when I use outline mode to

make
things hierchial.
I found this once and forgot how to do it.
I search all over and cant find it again.
P.S. I am not tlking about just removing the look temporarily in outline
view. I want to organise it outline but have the text stay the same in

print
view.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you disabled the AutoFormat As You Type option for automatic headings?
What about "Define styles based on my formatting"?
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to print directly from Outline view.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.