Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mar_Bel Mar_Bel is offline

Default top of text missing - but not in a Word table

I opened a new document to work in and when I type, the tops of the letters
don't show up. I'm not working in a table and it occurs with every font and
size I try. I checked the alignment by viewing gridlines and it appears that
the font starts in the bottom of the first row of the grid on this computer,
but when checked the alignment on another computer which doesn't have this
problem and it's alignment is slighly below the bottom of the first row on
the grid.
I'm not sure what to do in this case. I checked the paragraph setting and
they are still at default and I'm compared it to other machines and they are
the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mar_Bel Mar_Bel is offline

Yes, the line space is set to single.

It appears like you are typing in a cell with the spacing, but there is no
table.

A colleague found a work around though. He created a new document, set the
paragraph spacings to default and saved the document. He then deleted the
Normal.dot and renamed the new document as Normal.dot. When Word was opened,
the problem was gone.