Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Formatting Word 2003 document after scanning text and images in

I'm hoping to come to a simple formula for formatting my documents after
scanning in images and text. Frequently I find I can't print certain pages
due I think to the margins being out (why they get altered just by pasting in
scanned images and text, I don't know - I certainly haven't changed them). In
a long document it becomes very tedious to have to do this with each
individual page.
I tried setting margins and applying to the whole document but it comes up
with message that settings are too large for the page width in some sections.
Surely there must be a way to do scanning so you don't have this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are scanning images and text in graphic format then the images will
shrink fit to the current left and right margins of the document they are
inserted into.
If you are scanning to OCR and converting the results to text, then the
result can be anything from barely adequate to a dog's breakfast depending
on the quality of your OCR software. This is an inevitable result of trying
to convert an image to text with software that does not have the advantage
of the original formatting to work from but which has to make assumptions
from the image.