Sandy

Default How can I import a Powerpoint show into Word with only two large .

Can anyone help me? I can import a Powerpoint show into a Word document but
I cannot get it to put only two large (3x5") slides on a page without lines
or notes? It always puts three small ones on each page! Thanks in advance,
Sandy
Jess

Sandy
Are you just trying to get them so they print out like this or is there a
reason you're putting them in Word?
If you just want it to print two to a page do FilePrint and select handouts
from the drop down box 'Print what:' and then 2 from the 'Slides to a page:'
from the handouts drop down.
Rgds
Jess

"Sandy" wrote:

Can anyone help me? I can import a Powerpoint show into a Word document but
I cannot get it to put only two large (3x5") slides on a page without lines
or notes? It always puts three small ones on each page! Thanks in advance,
Sandy

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Sandy,

You didn't mention the version of Powerpoint or Word but
I'm assuming you're in Powerpoint using the
File=Send to=Microsoft Word choice?

That one doesn't provide very many customization choices
for the formatting of sent slides and can create some
really, really big Word document files.

There are a few techniques you can use depending on
what your needs are. If you only need 2 slides per page
printed you could use Powerpoint's File=Print and
choose the Handout option and choose 2 slides per page.

If you want a little more control over the Send to Word
function then this Add-in by one of the Powerpoint MVPs
may help.
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00667.htm
You can set the width of the slides being sent over to 5"
(from your example) when the add-in runs.
As with the built in PPT to Word feature the
Add-in will create a Word table
and you can delete the columns you don't need, in Word from
the Tables menu.

If you're okay staying in Powerpoint but want more control
over the handouts then you may find this add-in by another
Powerpoint MVP to be helpful.
http://skp.mvps.org/how/step0.htm

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Sandy

Thanks, Jess. I need to import into Word so I can produce a workbook with
slides, text pages, headers etc. Now when I import into Word, it puts three
small slides onto a page...too small to read. I've seen it done with two big
ones per page but I don't know how. Any thoughts would be most appreciated,
Sandy

"Sandy" wrote:

Can anyone help me? I can import a Powerpoint show into a Word document but
I cannot get it to put only two large (3x5") slides on a page without lines
or notes? It always puts three small ones on each page! Thanks in advance,
Sandy

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2FuZHk=?=,

Can anyone help me? I can import a Powerpoint show into a Word document but
I cannot get it to put only two large (3x5") slides on a page without lines
or notes? It always puts three small ones on each page!

Have you asked in the Powerpoint groups? Someone has created a tool for
exporting Powerpoint slides to Word, giving you more flexibility.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)