Falcion

Default Spellcheck (word97) w/ XP Pro & Norton Net Security

In XP Pro, no longer been able to use Spellcheck in Word 97 unless I am
logged into the Admin, [the admin is the only one that it works for]. Is
there a way to fix this? It worked fine before upgrading to Win XP pro and
before Norton Internet Security...

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:34:05 -0800, "Falcion"
wrote:

In XP Pro, no longer been able to use Spellcheck in Word 97 unless I am
logged into the Admin, [the admin is the only one that it works for]. Is
there a way to fix this? It worked fine before upgrading to Win XP pro and
before Norton Internet Security...

Surprisingly, this isn't Norton's fault (although much else is). It's
an issue with permissions on registry entries in WinXP. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257643 for the fix.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman