Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Manage Styles window query

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message

"Beth Melton" wrote:
I was wrong about "(no style)" defaulting to the hard wired defaults in
previous versions. It will initially use the defaults you set in the
Normal
style but the difference in Word 2007 is if you change your Document
Defaults those changes will be reflected in those styles based on "(no
style)".

When you think about it, it is much better like that.
If I wanted a style based on "no style" to be in fact based on "Normal",
then I would set it based on "Normal"...

But, given Beth's previous explanations in this thread, these are two
different things?

Exactly what I was trying, rather unsuccessfully, to articualte...

Obviously, a style based on "(no style)" should *not* adjust to a particular
style in the document; then it would be pointless to choose "(no style)" in
the first place.

Right again, my exact thoughts.

What has changed is the fact that even styles based on "(no style)" can be
affected by document defaults, which I guess makes sense when Word has
customizable document defaults (and themes).

Or am I (still) missing something here?

No, I was just not articulate enough to convey my thoughts clearly.
You wrote excatly what I was thinking.