Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LJAB

Default Works vs Office, problems if both are installed

I recently attempted to load Microsoft Works Suite 2002 (version 6.0) because
I'm fond of some of their darling templates. When I did this however, it
seemed to overwrite the Office version of Microsoft Word. When I clicked on
the Word icon in my start menu, it opened and looked entirely different... it
was in fact the Works version of word, and I could not access the office
version. It seemed a simple matter of uninstalling Works' version of word,
except that in doing so I uninstalled Word in its entirety. Skipping several
steps of system restores and an unreadable disc (now replaced), I was finally
able to uninstall all of Works and reinstall Office. I tried then,
installing Works without the Word feature, but in doing so I apparently
cannot have the templates to run with Office's version of word. I prefer the
Office version, so should I just give up my quest to have the Works templates
and use them solely on my other comp (once I get it fixed) or is there
something I'm missing?

I hope that all made sense, and thank you!