Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Copying Styles

I have modified styles in my document and would like to use these same styles
in another document. How do I do this. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can copy styles from one document/template to another using the
Organizer, but if you want to use the styles you have created in *new*
documents, your best bet is to save your document (with extraneous text
removed) as a template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

"Sharon" wrote in message
I have modified styles in my document and would like to use these same

styles
in another document. How do I do this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Thanks Suzanne. I am teaching my IT class at tafe and showing them how to
post questions to this website. They are very impressed! Thanks.

"Sharon" wrote in message
I have modified styles in my document and would like to use these same

styles
in another document. How do I do this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thank you for providing a meaningful example. We sometimes get waves of
giggly nonsense posts from what is obviously some sort of computer class
being taught how to post to Usenet; the kids apparently barge into the first
NG they find and exchange greetings with each other, oblivious of the
regular denizens of the group, or else they ask simple homework-type
questions (the kind you should look up in Help) and don't hang around for an
answer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can copy styles from one document/template to another using the
Organizer, but if you want to use the styles you have created in *new*
documents, your best bet is to save your document (with extraneous text
removed) as a template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.