Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dax Arroway Dax Arroway is offline

Default Underline Changes in Form Field

I have a weird thing happening in my form. I've set up a form for form
fields. I've also used underlined tab stops so the form can be printed and
filled out by hand. It's all good and works fine but an issue I had with it
at first was that when the form field was filled out, the underline went
away. To fix this I created an underline character style and applied it to
the field. This solved that issue but now something entirely weird is
happening.

When the field is filled out with more than 21 characters, the entire
underline turns BOLD. It's a small thing but it's driving me CrAzY!

Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening and how I can solve this
issue?

I'm running Word 07 (03 didn't do this! grrrr) on a Windows XP machine.
Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.
--Dax

--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, it's generally more satisfactory to put form fields in table cells of
fixed width, with a bottom border applied.

http://word.mvps.org