Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Word compatability

I've read about a lot of different known issues that I don't suffer from.
Believe me, I am grateful.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That said, a lot of problems have been reported, with both backward and
forward compatibility. I don't think people are imagining these things.
Like
you, I've had no problems, but they do apparently exist.

so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
I think agree with Chuck. I go back and forth between Word 2000 (my work
computer), 2002 (my laptop that I sometimes use at work), and 2003 (my

home
system) with absolutely no problems. I send Word docs (from home) to

others
without knowing which version they are using and no one has ever had any
problems.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message

"Julian" wrote in message
I have some users on Word 2003 and some on Word 2002. The documents
created by the Word 2003 users can't be read by the Word 2002 users. Is
there any way Word 2002 users can be setup so that they can read the

Word
2003 docs without actually upgrading?

--

+-- Julian

Julian,
You have some other issue. Word hasn't changed format since Word 97.