Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tjdarth

Default Add-ins not able to access in Word

I just added some add-ins from my Office-XP 2002 CD. Things like
TIF,JPEG,BIF file extensions to allow people on my system to save in these
file types. But when I go the Templates and Add-in sub-screen and press the
"Add", I am unable to find the Add-ins that I have just added? What am I
doing wrong? Thanks in advance . . .

--
Tom Johnson

A+, MCP, MCSD .NET

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tjdarth

Thanks for the quick response. I added them thru Add/Remove utility using
the CD that I have for the product. Should I be looking for Add-ins to save
a word document with images as a jpeg or am I missing a step? What roll do
the filter/converters play? Thanks again . . .

--
Tom Johnson

A+, MCP, MCSD .NET
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Those are not add-ins but filters or converters. How did you install the
converters?

so
all may benefit.

"tjdarth" wrote in message
I just added some add-ins from my Office-XP 2002 CD. Things like
TIF,JPEG,BIF file extensions to allow people on my system to save in
these
file types. But when I go the Templates and Add-in sub-screen and press

the
"Add", I am unable to find the Add-ins that I have just added? What am I
doing wrong? Thanks in advance . . .

--
Tom Johnson

A+, MCP, MCSD .NET

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You cannot save a Word document as a JPEG (or any other graphic format)
except by using, say, a screen capture utility such as SnagIt that allows
you to "print" to a graphics format. The graphics filters in Word allow you
to insert graphics in given formats in Word documents.

You can extract graphics from Word as JPEGs as described at
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

"tjdarth" wrote in message
Thanks for the quick response. I added them thru Add/Remove utility using
the CD that I have for the product. Should I be looking for Add-ins to

save
a word document with images as a jpeg or am I missing a step? What roll

do
the filter/converters play? Thanks again . . .

--
Tom Johnson

A+, MCP, MCSD .NET
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Those are not add-ins but filters or converters. How did you install the
converters?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"tjdarth" wrote in message
I just added some add-ins from my Office-XP 2002 CD. Things like
TIF,JPEG,BIF file extensions to allow people on my system to save in
these
file types. But when I go the Templates and Add-in sub-screen and press

the
"Add", I am unable to find the Add-ins that I have just added? What am

doing wrong? Thanks in advance . . .

--
Tom Johnson

A+, MCP, MCSD .NET

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tjdarth

Thanks Suzanne. I would not have known that this shortcoming existed in this
product had you not enlightened me. I have always been able to open pictures
and other images into Word, so I gave no thought when I needed to build and
save something in a graphics format. I downloaded snag and it has given me
what I want for an PRTSCRN-image and allowed me to print without a loot of
fooling around. Thanks again . . .

--

"tjdarth" wrote in message
I just added some add-ins from my Office-XP 2002 CD. Things like
TIF,JPEG,BIF file extensions to allow people on my system to save in
these
file types. But when I go the Templates and Add-in sub-screen and
press
the
"Add", I am unable to find the Add-ins that I have just added? What am

doing wrong? Thanks in advance . . .

--
Tom Johnson

A+, MCP, MCSD .NET

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

SnagIt is absolutely awesome! Believe me, you want to pay for the full
version. It'll be the best $40 you've spent in a long while.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]