Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AA996TT AA996TT is offline

Default Cursor position in opening Word 2007

I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a blank Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of the
document. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It sounds like your default input language is a right-to-left language.
Check your Windows keyboard setttings and also your Word language settings
(Office Button Word Options Popular tab Language Settings button (I do
find it odd that changing language settings is considered popular, and I
wonder how many people do it ever, never mind often).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a blank Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of the
document. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AA996TT AA996TT is offline

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply. My language settings are set to U.S. English for Word
and Windows keyboard settings. Any other ideas??
Thanks,
Alex

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a blank Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of the
document. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

What happens when you type? if you get 'normal' left-to-right text, just
right-aligned then maybe check out
http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a blank
Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now
every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of the
document. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AA996TT AA996TT is offline

Actually I get the correct sequence of letters. The cursor just stays on the
right side of the page (blinking) and the type proceeds right to left in

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a
blank
Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now
every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of
the
document. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AA996TT AA996TT is offline

I actually get the correct sequence of letters. The cursor just stays on the
right side of the page and typing proceeds right to left with letters in the
correct sequence. When I open Word, the box with "right justified" is
highlighted, when I click on "left justified" everything goes back to normal.
I just need to figure out a way to have Word open with the cursor "left
justified".
Thanks,
Alex

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a
blank
Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and now
every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right of
the
document. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Check out the link I gave you before.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"AA996TT" wrote in message
I would like to know how to reset my cursor to the top left of a
blank
Word
document at document opening. Somehow a setting has changed and
now
every
time I open a blank document the cursor starts in the top right
of
the
document. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, in that case the paragraph is just right-aligned. That suggests that
probably the Normal style has become right-aligned.

1. Click the dialog launcher arrow in the bottom right of the Styles group
on the Home tab of the Ribbon to open the Styles pane.

2. In the Styles list, click the arrow beside Normal and choose Modify.

3. In the Modify Style dialog, click Format and choose Paragraph.

4. In the Paragraph dialog, change the alignment to Left, and click OK.

5. In the Modify Style dialog, choose the radio button for "New documents
based on this template," then click OK.

Another way to approach this is through the Manage Styles dialog (accessed
via the third button from the left at the bottom of the Styles pane). On the
Set Defaults tab, you can set the alignment to Left and choose "New
documents based on this template," but if it is already set to Left, then
it's Normal you need to fix.