zfc

Default how to type chemistry formula?

Same as subject, please help me.
Stefan Blom

Try the Equation Editor: InsertObject, select Microsoft Equation 3.
If it isn't listed, you'll have to add it via Add/Remove Programs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"zfc" wrote in message
Same as subject, please help me.

Bob Mathews

On 1-Jun-2005, "zfc" wrote:

Same as subject, please help me.

Then Stefan Blom responded:

Try the Equation Editor: InsertObject, select Microsoft Equation
3. If it isn't listed, you'll have to add it via Add/Remove Programs.

Good question; equally good answer. I'd like to point out though, that the
full-featured big brother to Microsoft Equation 3 is called MathType.
MathType has many more symbols and templates than Equation Editor, and many
of these are useful for physical chemistry. For example, Equation Editor has
6 arrow templates that are useful for representing chemical reactions.
MathType has 27. Notably missing from Equation Editor are arrows for
equilibrium reactions and unbalanced reactions. MathType also gives you a
customizable toolbar where you can store common reactions, isotopes, or
other common constructions. You can try it for 30 days at the link in my
signature.
Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaid

The formula I need to type is like this:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/zfc/kimia.jpg
I have tried both Equation Editor and Mathtype, but both was unable to type
that formula.
zfc

"zfc" wrote in message
Same as subject, please help me.

The formula I need to type is like this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/zfc/kimia.jpg
I have tried Equation Editor, but it was unable to type that formula.

Stefan Blom

In order to create a structural formula you need something beyond
MathType and Equation Editor. Have you tried searching the internet?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"zfc" wrote in message

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

On 1-Jun-2005, "zfc" wrote:

[...]

Bob Mathews

On 8-Jun-2005, "zfc" wrote:

The formula I need to type is like this:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/zfc/kimia.jpg
I have tried both Equation Editor and Mathtype, but both was unable
to type that formula.

Yeah, you need ChemDraw for something like that:
http://www.cambridgesoft.com/products/family.cfm?FID=2

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training