Cath

Default Powerpoint slides in word

I have a word document that I have inserted 41 slides into from pwerpoint, by
copying the slide in Powerpoint and paste specialpaste link powerpoint
object in word.
However, everytime I save the document the file just about doubles in size,
unfortunately I didn't figure this out until the file was 99,000KB so now it
won't do anything. I will have to start again, and paste all the links in
again, but I would like to know how to avoid this problem again. Any
suggestions?
Thanks (I am using word 2000)
Jezebel

Don't paste them as objects. Paste them as pictures. 'Object' means that
what you see in the document is not just an image of the slide, but
PowerPoint data as such, capable of independent editing in PowerPoint. So
your document has in effect ended up with 41 separate PowerPoint files
contained within it.

Or use an entirely different approach: print the Word document and the
PowerPoint file separately to PDF, then combine them there.

"Cath" wrote in message
I have a word document that I have inserted 41 slides into from pwerpoint,

by
copying the slide in Powerpoint and paste specialpaste link powerpoint
object in word.
However, everytime I save the document the file just about doubles in

size,
unfortunately I didn't figure this out until the file was 99,000KB so now

it
won't do anything. I will have to start again, and paste all the links in
again, but I would like to know how to avoid this problem again. Any
suggestions?
Thanks (I am using word 2000)

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
word xp crashes after macros are recorded kharris0405 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 11th 05 11:50 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 12:32 AM