theonlybigg theonlybigg is offline
Junior Member

Default word saving error when pictures are inserted

my word 2003 worked fine till now. if i only write it works fine. if i add an image and i try to save it completely screws up. i upgrade to word 2007...now things are a little bit better but when i insert a picture and i try to save it, the save as window pops up and it will tell me if i want to save it as the same name as i saved it before. i press save and a windows pops up saying "word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. either this happens or it will ask me to save it as ~something.tmp if i do this the file create will be stuck on my desktop or whereever i saved it and will not be able to move or delete it untill i restart my computer. it seems to be at random as i have tried it 6 times and the tmp happened 4 times and the other 2 times it told me about a permission error. this also happened with word 2003 except it would erase all my text so word 2007 is working better but still something is wrong with it. it worked fine for like 2 years. anybody knows what this is? please help me. its really frustrating... thanks =)