Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZSauce ZSauce is offline

Default Update Automatically on Existing Date Fields

I inherited a number of Word 2003 documents that include date fields. I want
the date fields to automatically update with today's date when I open each of
the files. Some of the files are okay, but when I encounter a date field that
does not automatically update, is there a way to change it to automatically
update without recreating the field?
--
ZSauce
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Press ALT+F9 to reveal the date type. If the type is CREATEDATE (which does
not update) Delete the CREATE bit to leave DATE then update the field.
ALT+F9 again to show the result.

ZSauce wrote:
I inherited a number of Word 2003 documents that include date fields.
I want the date fields to automatically update with today's date when
I open each of the files. Some of the files are okay, but when I
encounter a date field that does not automatically update, is there a
way to change it to automatically update without recreating the field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZSauce ZSauce is offline

In every case the data type is DATE, but some of these fields automatically
update, while others do not.
--
ZSauce