Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allhart Allhart is offline

Default Sending Email

I am using Office 2007, not the beta version, and I am unable to send
documents from Word. I get the dreaded mapi32.dll is an invalid Extended MAPI
library error. Outlook works fine. I have renamed the MSMAPI32.dll file and
it still did not work. I renamed all the other mapi32.dll files and it still
did not work. Any suggestion as to where Word is looking for the mapi at?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default Sending Email from Office 2007 applications

I'm dealing with the same issue. I've removed and reinstalled Office 2007,
including all copies of mapi32.dll. I've also removed the Exchange 2003
Server Management tool. Makes no difference.

This is also affecting Excel 2007, except there the message says "Cannot
load the mail service. Check your mail installation." Haven't tried from
other Office apps.

BTW, Outlook 2007 is working fine.

--
Thanks,
Don

"allhart" wrote:

I am using Office 2007, not the beta version, and I am unable to send
documents from Word. I get the dreaded mapi32.dll is an invalid Extended MAPI
library error. Outlook works fine. I have renamed the MSMAPI32.dll file and
it still did not work. I renamed all the other mapi32.dll files and it still
did not work. Any suggestion as to where Word is looking for the mapi at?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allhart Allhart is offline

I actually can get it to work if I use the "Send to mail recipient" option,
but still cannot send from main window, in other words, the attachment option.

"allhart" wrote:

I am using Office 2007, not the beta version, and I am unable to send
documents from Word. I get the dreaded mapi32.dll is an invalid Extended MAPI
library error. Outlook works fine. I have renamed the MSMAPI32.dll file and
it still did not work. I renamed all the other mapi32.dll files and it still
did not work. Any suggestion as to where Word is looking for the mapi at?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Allhart,

One thing I'm curious about, would you happen to be running the Exchange
System Management tool on your workstation?

--
Thanks,
Don

"Don" wrote:

I'm dealing with the same issue. I've removed and reinstalled Office 2007,
including all copies of mapi32.dll. I've also removed the Exchange 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bmerri19 bmerri19 is offline

am in the same boat as the others - receiving the "mapi32.dll is an invalid
Extended MAPI library".

I can also confirm I have the Exchange System Management Tool on my laptop.

Thanks,
Brian

"Don" wrote:

I'm dealing with the same issue. I've removed and reinstalled Office 2007,
including all copies of mapi32.dll. I've also removed the Exchange 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

I'm wondering if we are getting a dll conflict as a result of having the
Exchange tools. IF so, that will take Microsoft to resolve it.
--
Thanks,
Don

"Don" wrote:

I'm dealing with the same issue. I've removed and reinstalled Office 2007,
including all copies of mapi32.dll. I've also removed the Exchange 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allhart Allhart is offline

Yes, actually I am and you may have hit on something and you are right,
Microsoft will have to resolve this.

"Don" wrote:

I'm dealing with the same issue. I've removed and reinstalled Office 2007,
including all copies of mapi32.dll. I've also removed the Exchange 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Alt Eric Alt is offline

I resolved my issue with not being able to send as e-mail from my Office 2007
applications with Exchange 2003 Administrator installed. I searched on
another machine with Office 2007 installed and compared the versions of
mapi32.dll found in the System32 folder. Well, the version of mapi32.dll on
the other PC had the following properties:
Mapi32.dll
version: 1.0.2536.0
Date Modified: Wednesday, August 04, 2004, 7:00:00 AM
Size: 109 KB (112,128 bytes)

I used this file to overwrite the Mapi32.dll that Exchange Administrator
created, which has the following properties:
Mapi32.dll
version: 6.5.7638.1
Date Modified: Thursday, August 25, 2005, 6:27:52 PM
Size: 622 KB (636,928 bytes)

Once I overwrote the Mapi32.dll version 6.5 with the original version 1.0, I
restarted Outlook. Once I did that, I was able to use the Send To E-mail
function from within Word and Excel. I hope this helps. And Exchange
Administrator also appears to be working correctly.

Thanks,

Eric