Fien

Default Can I change the vertical alignment of text in a text box?

I need to place a text box in the footer of a template (I need the text box
because it is placed on top of a picture that is defined as ' hidden'):
since users of the template might want to add more than 1 line of text, it
is important that the text in the text box is aligned at the bottom of the
text box instead of above, as is the standard.

Greg Maxey

Fien,

Here is a trick. Put a single column/single row table (1 cell) in the text
box and align text in the cell with the bottom.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Fien wrote:
I need to place a text box in the footer of a template (I need the
text box because it is placed on top of a picture that is defined as
' hidden'): since users of the template might want to add more than 1
line of text, it is important that the text in the text box is
aligned at the bottom of the text box instead of above, as is the
standard.

Jay Freedman

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 06:55:04 -0800, "Fien"
wrote:

I need to place a text box in the footer of a template (I need the text box
because it is placed on top of a picture that is defined as ' hidden'):
since users of the template might want to add more than 1 line of text, it
is important that the text in the text box is aligned at the bottom of the
text box instead of above, as is the standard.

There's no such control for a text box. There is, though, for a table
cell, so insert a one-cell table inside the text box, set its row
height, turn off its borders, and set its text alignment to bottom
left (the alignment control is on the right-click menu when the cursor
is inside the cell).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman