Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
giop giop is offline

Default Access word document from external app while it is open

Hi

I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need to
edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by an
external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I
imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this
setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file is
opened in word?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is nothing you can do. Word will lock the file. Word is not a
multi-user application.

"giop" wrote in message
Hi

I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need
edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by
an
external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I
imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this
setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file
is
opened in word?

Thank you

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

The TerrainContact A/T delivers a smooth and quiet ride, making it suitable for everyday driving as well.Selecting the right all-season tires for your Silverado 1500 is crucial for optimal performance, safety, and comfort. Here are some factors you should consider before making a decision. best all terrain tires for f150