Stephen Brown

Default non-breaking hyphens

Can Word be set to automatically treat all hyphens as non-breaking hyphens?

I have an existing long document where I need to ensure all hyphenated words
are kept on the same line - as this is one of the principles of writing in
Plain English - and would like to achieve this without having to go through
the entire document and replace every individual hyphen.

Thanks

Stephen Brown
Greg

Stephen,

It is very easy to go trough the entire document and replace them. Use
find and replace.

Type a non-breaking hyphen, display non-printing text and copy just the
hypen to the clipboard. EditReplace. Type a hypen in fing what the
type
^c (the content of the clipboard) in replace with.

All done.

You can also set up a formatted Autocorrect entry to convert regular
hyphens to non breaking hyphens.