yongkalep

Default indentation won't "take"

Sometimes when using the indent sliders in the ruler, the adjustment does not
stick. The text doesn't indent and the slider just returns to its original
position.

However, it doesn't immediately bounce back. It hangs out where I drug it
(though the text remains unaffected) until I perform any other operation.
Then I have to reselect the text and do it again. The second time around, it
works.

This seems to mainly happen with the first-line slider. I've noticed this
idiosyncrasy in previous versions of Word as well.

Any ideas as to why this happens (and how to avoid it)?

THANKS!

Doug Robbins

I haven't experienced the problem, but use FormatParagraph instead. Or
better, define a Style and use that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"yongkalep" wrote in message
Sometimes when using the indent sliders in the ruler, the adjustment does
not
stick. The text doesn't indent and the slider just returns to its
original
position.

However, it doesn't immediately bounce back. It hangs out where I drug it
(though the text remains unaffected) until I perform any other operation.
Then I have to reselect the text and do it again. The second time around,
it
works.

This seems to mainly happen with the first-line slider. I've noticed this
idiosyncrasy in previous versions of Word as well.

Any ideas as to why this happens (and how to avoid it)?

THANKS!

yongkalep

Well, clearly there are multiple ways to do just about everything. It's more
convenient for a custom situation to just use the ruler than to get to the
dialogue box or create a style...

My question is *why* does this one approach not work consistently (at least
since Word 2K for sure and I think in 97 as well)
???