Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mkate Mkate is offline

Default Opening a Word 2007 Excel File Embedded in an Office 2003 document

I received a Word file with an embedded Office 2007 Excel file. I have the
compatibility pack on my computer, but I am not able to open the embedded
Excel file and view it. If I right click on the icon, it shows the file as
Microsoft Office Excel 2007 with an option to Convert, after selecting this I
still cannot open the file.

Is anyone aware of a way to open this 2007 format file once it is embedded
into another document?

Thank you.
--
Mkate
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

When the 2007 word document was saved in compatibility mode, the ability to
open and modify the .xlsx file was removed. To modify the embedded
spreadsheet, you need to open the .doc file in Word 2007.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
news I received a Word file with an embedded Office 2007 Excel file. I have the