Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS

Default footnote not numbering in the right place

Two issues:

First, I used to have more footnotes, but then I think I got rid of lots of
the sentences that were footnoted. Now, I have footnote 7, and then it jumps
to 13.

Second, the footnote 13 appears on page 3, but the reference (by
doubleclicking it) takes me to page 7. Why is the footnote not appearing on
the same page as the reference.

Thx for any help.
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS

Suzanne, is it safe to assume that my numbering of a list is also not
updating for the same track changes reason? Is there anyway to keep all the
changes showing that I have in that section of list and JUST get the page
numbers to renumber accurately? I want the document to reflect the changes
so that someone can view what I've done, but I also want them to not think
there are more points than there are (I've deleted points, so the numbering
is too high at one point).

Thx.
--
Boris

"BorisS" wrote in message
Two issues:

First, I used to have more footnotes, but then I think I got rid of lots

of
the sentences that were footnoted. Now, I have footnote 7, and then it

jumps
to 13.

Second, the footnote 13 appears on page 3, but the reference (by
doubleclicking it) takes me to page 7. Why is the footnote not appearing

on
the same page as the reference.

Thx for any help.
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, Track Changes affects all kinds of numbering.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Track Changes turned on? If so, your footnote numbering will

not
be correct (even in Final view) until you accept all your changes.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BorisS" wrote in message
Two issues:

First, I used to have more footnotes, but then I think I got rid of

lots
of
the sentences that were footnoted. Now, I have footnote 7, and then

it
jumps
to 13.

Second, the footnote 13 appears on page 3, but the reference (by
doubleclicking it) takes me to page 7. Why is the footnote not

appearing
on
the same page as the reference.

Thx for any help.
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS

so to my point before...is there any way to accept just enough to get the
numbering to update? In other words, can I have the numbering update without
not showing (because I've had to accept) the changes which I want someone
else to see? Maybe some workaround way?
--
Boris