CharlieR

Default Skiping Repeating merge fields

I am trying to create a formated word section using mail merge. I have 3
fields that im importing (Paragraph ID, Requirement ID, Text) I do not want
to repeat the Paragraph ID if it is the same as the previous Paragraph Id. I
have seen it done a couple years ago but im unable to figure it out from the
help files. I would extremly thankful for some help or a point to a good ref.
Peter Jamieson

Try putting something like this at the beginning of your mail merge main
document:

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "{ SET LPID "" }" }

Then, where you want to display ParagraphID when it changes, use

{ IF "{ MERGESEQ "Paragraph ID" }" = "{ REF LPID }" "" "{ MERGESEQ
"Paragraph ID" } }

Then, after any further use of Paragraph ID (i.e. probably at the end of the
document), put

{ SET LPID "{ MERGEFIELD "Paragraph ID" }" }

Peter Jamieson