Larry Shoots

Default Hyperlink Hijinks

In Word 2003 I have some hyperlinks that work and some that don't.
I am using Hyperlinks in the same document. I have a table with text. In
one cell of the Table I formatted "Board Members" to be Heading 1. Then I
went above the Table to a Paragraph at the top of the document and did a
ctrl k to insert a hyperlink. I clicked on "In This Document" and
highlighted "Board Members". I clicked ok. There appeared the hyperlink
"Board Members". But when I tried to goto Board Members by clicking on the
hyperlink, nothing occurred. Note that other hyperlinks in the document
worked fine. I deleted the hyperlink, and went to the cell and changed the
format of "Board Members" to Heading 2. Went up to the top of the page and
inserted a hyperlink again to "Board Members". Nothing happened.
Ran out of troubleshooting for this problem.
Basically hyperlinks works in some table cells but not in others. Why?
Is this a glich in MS Word?
Larry Shoots

Ironically when I click on the link, the insertion point moves to the link.
But the Window does not scroll down so you can view the link. I had set up a
little menu at the top of the document. Of the 7 Hyperlinks that I created,
3 did not move the window to the text. I had previously gone to
ToolsOptionsEdit and unclicked the "Ctrl while clicking" box. II can
email you a copy of the document if you so wish.
I thank you for your response to this problem.
My solution was to eliminate the 3 errant hyperlinks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I can't reproduce your problem. Are you pressing Ctrl while clicking on the
hyperlink? (Or do you have that feature suppressed on the Edit tab of Tools

"Larry Shoots" Larry wrote in message
[...]

Word: I create a hyperlink to a pdf. I ctrl-click on hyperlink, . Bruce Microsoft Word Help 0 February 18th 05 03:57 AM
Hyperlink bug Jimbo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 1st 05 07:15 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 10:55 PM
Hyperlink in a word document JR Microsoft Word Help 2 December 9th 04 08:37 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 04:01 PM