Jeff

Default Document reference fields

Is it possible to insert a reference in a document that can report the name
of the section that contains a particular bookmark?

I have hyperlinks in a document that jump to different parts of the
appendix. I'd like to put a hyperlink in the appendix that takes the user
back to the hyperlink that got them there.

It would be good if I could include in the hyperlink "Return to 'Configuring
the Widget'" where "Configuring the Widget" is the Heading 2 title of the
section containing a bookmark that includes the original hyperlink (IYSWIM)

Jeff

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jeff,

Is it possible to insert a reference in a document that can report the name
of the section that contains a particular bookmark?

Sections don't have names.

From your description, I suspect that what you might need to use are
MacroButton fields, and that the macro notes (writes the bookmark name into a
Document Variable) the point of origin before moving the selection to the
target bookmark. Then, when you click THAT MacroButton field it will jump back
to the bookmark name the other macro saved.

I have hyperlinks in a document that jump to different parts of the
appendix. I'd like to put a hyperlink in the appendix that takes the user
back to the hyperlink that got them there.

It would be good if I could include in the hyperlink "Return to 'Configuring
the Widget'" where "Configuring the Widget" is the Heading 2 title of the
section containing a bookmark that includes the original hyperlink (IYSWIM)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

I think by "section name" the OP meant the heading of the portion of the
document from which the user jumped.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Jeff,

Is it possible to insert a reference in a document that can report the

name
of the section that contains a particular bookmark?

Sections don't have names.

From your description, I suspect that what you might need to use are
[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)