Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gabrielle GCAT Gabrielle GCAT is offline

Default Locked out of custom font size changes

Hello,

I use Microsoft Word 2003. I confess I was messing around with the options
& customizing features trying to re-set my text size for my new documents in
both Word & my Microsoft Office Outlook e-mail (incl the font size in my
e-mail new/reply and signatures).

I used to be able to type in 12.5 or 13 as the font size for both my Word
documents and my e-mail, but it no longer works. It will only allow the
sizes that are listed in the drop down menu.

Ive tried: Format, font &
Tools, options, view, draft font
To no avail. Please help me fix whatever I screwed up!!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gabrielle GCAT Gabrielle GCAT is offline

Default CANCEL REQUEST!! Locked out of custom font size changes

I feel like an idiot. My Number Lock key was not enabled. Hope no one spent
any time researching this!!

"Gabrielle GCAT" wrote:

Hello,

I use Microsoft Word 2003. I confess I was messing around with the options
& customizing features trying to re-set my text size for my new documents in
both Word & my Microsoft Office Outlook e-mail (incl the font size in my
e-mail new/reply and signatures).

I used to be able to type in 12.5 or 13 as the font size for both my Word
documents and my e-mail, but it no longer works. It will only allow the
sizes that are listed in the drop down menu.

Ive tried: Format, font &
Tools, options, view, draft font
To no avail. Please help me fix whatever I screwed up!!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Gabrielle:

Many thanks for getting back to us!

Now *I* feel like an idiot! I *did* spend a couple of minutes researching
that, and didn't post anything because I never thought of the NumLock key
:-)

Cheers

On 24/8/06 3:04 AM, in article
, "Gabrielle GCAT"

"Gabrielle GCAT" wrote:

Hello,

I use Microsoft Word 2003. I confess I was messing around with the options
& customizing features trying to re-set my text size for my new documents in
both Word & my Microsoft Office Outlook e-mail (incl the font size in my
e-mail new/reply and signatures).

I used to be able to type in 12.5 or 13 as the font size for both my Word
documents and my e-mail, but it no longer works. It will only allow the
sizes that are listed in the drop down menu.

Ive tried: Format, font &
Tools, options, view, draft font
To no avail. Please help me fix whatever I screwed up!!

Thanks!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410