Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
blackcat1o2 blackcat1o2 is offline

Default Can I get Word 2007 to display full citations in footnotes?

I'm writing a paper for school, and my citations have to be in endnote
format. I could have sworn there was a way to get Word to automatically
generate citations based on whatever format one chooses. The problem is that
when I click "Citation" to enter a citation, it only enters the parenthetical
form that would be used along with a bibliography. How do I (or can I) get
Word to insert the full citation without having to insert an entire
bibliography?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Word 2007 does not support footnote citations out of the box. (Word 2008 for
Mac does.)

You could:

1) Try to get hold of the Word 2008 styles and use them in Word 2007. They
would require a few minor changes. However, more important is probably the
question of legality. I have no idea if MS allows this or not.

2) Write a style yourself from scratch, which requires XSLT knowledge. Post
back if you need more info.

3) Try out the styles at
http://bibword.codeplex.com/Release/...eleaseId=19998 and
http://bibword.codeplex.com/Release/...eleaseId=20331.
They aren't perfect, but they might be enough for what you are looking for.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com