Blivot

Default Word envelope printing

An Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer will not print envelopes from Word 2003
Pro. It goes to "manual" rather than to "sheet feed" despite everything I
have tried. I have contacted Epson support. They say it is a Microsoft
problem. Everything except envelopes prints normally.
Graham Mayor

They would say that wouldn't they - but yours is not the first complaint
raised here about this series of Epson printers. Epson is responsible for
the driver - Word will only do what the driver allows it to do.

Blivot wrote:
An Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer will not print envelopes from Word
2003 Pro. It goes to "manual" rather than to "sheet feed" despite
everything I have tried. I have contacted Epson support. They say
it is a Microsoft problem. Everything except envelopes prints
normally.

Blivot

But then what do I do now? The printer was really hyped as a fantastic photo
printer. I have not tried it for that yet. Your response is really
discouraging. I thought I was buying a good thing. What do you recommend
for high quality photo printing?

Blivot wrote:
An Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer will not print envelopes from Word
2003 Pro. It goes to "manual" rather than to "sheet feed" despite
everything I have tried. I have contacted Epson support. They say
it is a Microsoft problem. Everything except envelopes prints
normally.

Graham Mayor

The fact that there is a hiccup with the envelope printing doesn't affect
the printer's ability to print photographs. There are two things you could
try - one is to set the envelope bin in the registry try a value of 7 at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\EPSON Photo R800.

My web site appears to be unavailable at the moment, and I am out of the
country until later today (13/2/2005) so will not be able to thrash my web
host company until Monday. If you can wait until then, see
http://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm

The other thing to try is to create a template for envelopes (you'll find a
sample on my web site when it returns) and set the paper source in the page
layout. You can then use the template rather than the envelope wizard to
create envelopes.