Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken G. Ken G. is offline

Default "Invisible" section break

I have a document (Word 2003) where the last page has been made section 2 by
inserting a section break (new page) on te previous page.

As I want a continuous document I deleted the section break and inserted a
page break as I still wanted the content of the last page on a separate page.

The first letter of the first word on the final page shows as section 1 but
everything past that first letter shows as section 2, as if there's an
invisible section break between the first and second letter of the first word
on the page.

How do get rid of this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sometimes Word can take a while to catch up with changes within its
documents, try scrolling up a page or two and scroll down allows the refresh
to occur. Does this cure your problem?
Maybe try, delete the page break, select the text you want at the top of
your new page and apply "Page break before" from the Format, Paragraph, Line
and Page Break tab. Does this cure your problem?
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Ken G." wrote:

I have a document (Word 2003) where the last page has been made section 2 by
inserting a section break (new page) on te previous page.

As I want a continuous document I deleted the section break and inserted a
page break as I still wanted the content of the last page on a separate page.

The first letter of the first word on the final page shows as section 1 but
everything past that first letter shows as section 2, as if there's an
invisible section break between the first and second letter of the first word
on the page.

How do get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry to hear that.
I have not been able to duplicate this error, so unless anyone else has come
across this problem, I think this could a first indication that your document
maybe corrupting.
Or it could be nothing (heres hoping)
All the best
DeanH

"Ken G." wrote:

I have a document (Word 2003) where the last page has been made section 2 by
inserting a section break (new page) on te previous page.

As I want a continuous document I deleted the section break and inserted a
page break as I still wanted the content of the last page on a separate page.

The first letter of the first word on the final page shows as section 1 but
everything past that first letter shows as section 2, as if there's an
invisible section break between the first and second letter of the first word
on the page.

How do get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In that case, I'd suggest selecting some of the text on both sides of the
"invisible" break and deleting it, then retyping it. Then apply the "Page
break before" property.

"Ken G." wrote:

I have a document (Word 2003) where the last page has been made

section 2 by
inserting a section break (new page) on te previous page.

As I want a continuous document I deleted the section break and

inserted a
page break as I still wanted the content of the last page on a

separate page.

The first letter of the first word on the final page shows as section

1 but
everything past that first letter shows as section 2, as if there's an
invisible section break between the first and second letter of the

first word
on the page.

How do get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rita Simpson-Vlach Rita Simpson-Vlach is offline

Yes -- I have the same problem. And, I think this is in fact creating other problems with 'invisible' footnotes as well.

It may in fact be that the document is corrupted, however, I have definitely replicated this problem (unintentionally).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Rita

http://www.eggheadcafe.com