Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane Shane is offline

Default Does Word offer Redline Capabilities?

Hello,

I am trying to find out if MS Word offers Redline Capabilities. Redlining is
the practice of editing a technical drawing (since edits were traditionally
done in red) or a document compared by a computer software programme
(particularly legal documents) where deleted content is often indicated by
red underlined text.

If yes, can you please tell me how to accomplish this? If no, do you know
any other tools that do this?

Thanks for your time!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Track Changes should suit your needs.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Shane" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to find out if MS Word offers Redline Capabilities. Redlining
is
the practice of editing a technical drawing (since edits were
traditionally
done in red) or a document compared by a computer software programme
(particularly legal documents) where deleted content is often indicated by
red underlined text.

If yes, can you please tell me how to accomplish this? If no, do you know
any other tools that do this?

Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If the intention is to compare two versions of a text document from their
separate files on disk, the feature to use is Tools Compare and Merge
Documents (in Word 2007, Review Compare).

Word doesn't have any capability to compare drawings. It will indicate that
the graphic has been replaced, but it won't show you what the differences
are.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman