Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
C Brandt

Default Modified Excel Data - Now unusable

I created a word document with 93 Merge Fields and a significant number of
word fields.

My data source is an excel spreadsheet.

I collected all the data onto the first sheet and then merged the two
documents. After a significant bit of juggling, I had almost exactly what I
wanted. The key word in that sentence was "almost".

I inserted several columns in the middle of the first sheet and now nothing
lines up. I created a new Word document and linked all the merge fields, but
it almost looks like the system remembered the headers form the first pass
and links in the wrong data.

Is there something I can do to reset all connections without redoing the
whole thing?

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I would try changing the mailmerge main document type to a Normal Word
Document, then change it back to whatever type that it is now and then
re-attach the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.