Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Mac G

Default Small caps in numbering: A challenge

Hi all. Thanks for all help in advance.

Here's my problem. I'm using Word 2000. I've got chapters in a document.
'Heading 1' is set up to include a chapter number as part of its numbering
format.. i.e. setting a chapter heading as a 'heading 1' style automatically
results in something like: "Chapter 5 Small Caps Problems"... where the title
of the chapter might be 'Small Caps Problems'. The problem is that I'd like
the chapter headings to be in small caps. The actual heading is easily set to
be in small caps but the chapter numbering is not.

Doing : Format- Style - Modify Style- Customise Outline Numbered List -
Font, brings up the option to make the 'chapter x' heading part small
caps... but its greyed out!!!?

What is the reason for this? Does anyone know how to get around it?

Thanks very much.

Brian