Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thersa F Thersa F is offline

Default Spell check on Microsoft office 2007 not picking up spelling erro

Hi can someone help me my microsoft office 2007, (my operating system is XP)
is not picking up spelling errors in a word document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klh klh is offline

I am having the same problem. For the last few weeks my spell check wont
work. The grammer "squiggly" lines work, but the red lines wont. The
dictionary works fine when I right click and ask Word to look up the word,
but the red line never shows up unless if I typed two words in a row. That is
the only time a red line shows up. I checked the microsoft word options and
everything that deals with proofing is working fine; spelling is checked,
english dictionary is checked,...everything that i can see. I have even
tried to reinstall the microsoft cd, as well as repairing the word program on
my computer. I have no idea what to do from here.
The issue started one day when I logged on the microsoft word and a box
popped up saying that the spell check add in for microsoft does not work.
And that was it, it stopped working.
CAN SOMEONE HELP?

"Thersa F" wrote:

Hi can someone help me my microsoft office 2007, (my operating system is XP)
is not picking up spelling errors in a word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bo Bo is offline

Is it not displaying them, or it's not recognizing them?

To turn on the display...
Click the Office Button Word Options Proofing ensure Check Spelling as
You Type is checked and that Hide Spelling Errors in this Document is
unchecked

Now click Recheck Document for good measure...

Let us know if this helps...

Cheers

--
BO Haynes