Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dejavu dejavu is offline

Default How to save a multi-page word document, as a multi-page .pdf file

I have a long word document that I want to save as a multi-page .pdf file,
so that when the pdf file shows in the acrobat reader, it shows up as mulitple
pages, and can ( especially ) print as mulitple pages, each page on to A4
size,
with out having to set different options in the printer setting. That is
when someone
reads the pdf file, all they have to do is click the printing icon, and it
prints each page correctly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't understand the question: When you make a pdf from a Word file,
the pages break just where they break in the Word document; and when
you print a pdf, it prints the pages exactly as they appear in the pdf
file.

On May 18, 11:13*pm, dejavu wrote:
I have a long word document that I want to save as a multi-page .pdf file,
so that when the pdf file shows in the acrobat reader, it shows up as mulitple
pages, and can ( especially ) print as mulitple pages, each page on to A4
size,
with out having to set different options in the printer setting. That is
when someone
reads the pdf file, all they have to do is click the printing icon, and it
prints each page correctly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dejavu dejavu is offline

Default How to save a multi-page word document, as a multi-page .pdf f

Hi There, thankyou for responding to my question. I should have explained
better
I have been using photoshop to save text as a pdf file, because my version
of WORD 2000, does not have an option to save as a pdf file. Do I need to get
a newer version of WORD to have this "Save As" option, or can I get a plugIn?
if thats what it is called ?, to enable PDF as a file "save as" option ?
Thankyou Lisa

"grammatim" wrote:

I don't understand the question: When you make a pdf from a Word file,
the pages break just where they break in the Word document; and when
you print a pdf, it prints the pages exactly as they appear in the pdf
file.

On May 18, 11:13 pm, dejavu wrote:
I have a long word document that I want to save as a multi-page .pdf file,
so that when the pdf file shows in the acrobat reader, it shows up as mulitple
pages, and can ( especially ) print as mulitple pages, each page on to A4
size,
with out having to set different options in the printer setting. That is
when someone
reads the pdf file, all they have to do is click the printing icon, and it
prints each page correctly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you need is a PDF creation tool such as Adobe Acrobat or one of its
much cheaper (even free) clones. PrimoPDF (a free download) works well or
you could try the ever useful SnagIt which does lots of other things besides
creating PDFs (trial version available). Or you could convert on line -
http://convert.neevia.com/

"grammatim" wrote:

I don't understand the question: When you make a pdf from a Word
file, the pages break just where they break in the Word document;
and when you print a pdf, it prints the pages exactly as they appear
in the pdf file.

On May 18, 11:13 pm, dejavu wrote:
I have a long word document that I want to save as a multi-page
.pdf file,
so that when the pdf file shows in the acrobat reader, it shows up
as mulitple pages, and can ( especially ) print as mulitple pages,
each page on to A4 size,
with out having to set different options in the printer setting.
That is
when someone
reads the pdf file, all they have to do is click the printing icon,
and it prints each page correctly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dejavu dejavu is offline

Thanks Graham,
I will look into the options you have suggested.
Thankyou for your help.
Kind Regards Lisa