Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hmoretti hmoretti is offline

Default how do I set the passive writing detection?

I used passive writing detection on my work computer because someone showed
me how. please help me find it on my PC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not familiar with this term. What does "passive writing detection" do?
Oh, wait, are you asking how to make Word alert you to use of the passive
voice? If you have Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools | Options | Spelling
and Grammar. In Word 2007, this is Office Button | Word Options | Proofing.
Under Grammar or "When checking spelling and grammar in Word," click the
Settings button. Among the check boxes under Style is one for "Passive
sentences." If you check this box, then when you check grammar in Word, you
will be alerted to use of the passive voice.

http://word.mvps.org