JonVCC

Default Word Slow to open when not connected to network

We have been using workgroup/shared templates for years now and over the
past few weeks we have noticed an issue where starting work when not
connected to the office network. It can take word up to 2 minutes to start.

Is there any reason why this has begune recently?

Is there a way to make it smater as to not try and look for the templeates
on the network when not connected?

Thanks,

Jon