Nina

Default Is there a way to swap text?

Could I highlight the selected text and then hit a "swap" button and then
highlight the other selected text that I want to swap with, and then finally
hit the "swap" button again and effectively switch the text? This would
eliminate the having to cut and paste twice.

Jay Freedman

That's the short answer. :-) To be more complete, it would be possible to
write a macro to do something like that, but making sure that it operated
"correctly" in all circumstances -- transferring selections with different
styles, non-text objects, selections in headers/footers/comments, etc. --
would be a lot more work than I'd care to put into it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jezebel wrote:
No.

"Nina" wrote in message
Could I highlight the selected text and then hit a "swap" button and
then highlight the other selected text that I want to swap with, and
then finally hit the "swap" button again and effectively switch the
text? This would eliminate the having to cut and paste twice.

Tina

I agree. I think this is a great idea and it would be so helpful to have a
shortcut that could do this. Highlight, CTRL highlight, then click swap. I
would use this feature alot.

"Nina" wrote:

Could I highlight the selected text and then hit a "swap" button and then
highlight the other selected text that I want to swap with, and then finally
hit the "swap" button again and effectively switch the text? This would
eliminate the having to cut and paste twice.

Marc Hawes

Jay

I would really like to do this too. I would only be delaing with plain text
in the document. Ideally I would like to highlight text and have a macro to
delete the remaining text that was left. How could I do that?

Many thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

That's the short answer. :-) To be more complete, it would be possible to
write a macro to do something like that, but making sure that it operated
"correctly" in all circumstances -- transferring selections with different
styles, non-text objects, selections in headers/footers/comments, etc. --
would be a lot more work than I'd care to put into it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jezebel wrote: