Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
In Triplicate

Default Mail merge

I've created a document in Word that is essentially a receipt. To save paper
it is printed twice on the same page. Would like to be able to merge
information into the top receipt as well as the bottom receipt, same word
field different information. The best I could do was merge the top receipt
then move that name to the bottom receipt and go to the next record on the
top, then print. Would like the word fields to be recognized as different
information. Someone suggested creating to big labels and inserting the
information in those, and someone else suggested printing two pages on one,
but each time the merge still viewed saw only one merge and not two. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
In Triplicate

That wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it really helped a lot,
because I should be able to apply that to something else I am working on.
Since the next person in line may not always be receiving a receipt (like
name1 and name2, but maybe name1 and name3, and so on), I was hoping there
was a way to viewed as two different pieces of information. But your
suggestion is better than having to open the document and type all or even
half, of those names for a mass mailing. Thank you.

In Triplicate wrote:
I've created a document in Word that is essentially a receipt. To
save paper it is printed twice on the same page. Would like to be
able to merge information into the top receipt as well as the bottom
receipt, same word field different information. The best I could do
was merge the top receipt then move that name to the bottom receipt
and go to the next record on the top, then print. Would like the word
fields to be recognized as different information. Someone suggested
creating to big labels and inserting the information in those, and
someone else suggested printing two pages on one, but each time the
merge still viewed saw only one merge and not two. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You can use conditional fields and/or pre-select the recipients to ensure
that only those who require receipts get them.