Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
adman4 adman4 is offline

Default Photos in Tables

I am creating a sales presentation template in Word for my salespeople to
customize. I have set up a table on each page containing photos and text. The
table is reproduced on each page and is given a strict structure (doesn't
break over pages, exact height and width for each cell, etc.) Unfortunately
the salepeople are consistently having problems with adding photos to the
table.

When a photo is added (via insertpicturefrom file...) only the bottom edge
of it appears; you can see the outline of the rest, but the image is not
displayed. I know part of this issue is caused by the fact that every image
added to a Word file is added with layout in "in line with text" mode (a
default function that should be editable, but don't get me started). If it is
changed to "in front of text", you'd think this would solve the problem, but
it doesn't: the photo usually disappears altogether! (I assume it is below
the table, even though the cells have "no fill"). If I somehow get the photo
to show up in front of the table and drag it over to the appropriate cell, it
disappears, or only a portion is visible, or it mysteriously shifts to
another location!

I have seemingly tried every possible properties adjustment, and have
rebuilt the entire table from scratch twice. Does anyone have any suggestions
for me? I'd be happy to send you the table if you like.

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The style you are using in your table is formatted with "Exactly" line
spacing. Create a style for the photos that has Single line spacing. You can
use a different style for the text, which can be in a separate row, if
necessary. You do *not* want to change the wrapping from In Line With Text.

"adman4" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
adman4 adman4 is offline

Thank you so much! This problem had been plaguing me for over a year. Who
knew it would be solved with a brief posting from you. Thanks again so much.

"adman4" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You're entirely welcome. Amazingly, I first experienced this problem very
shortly after I started using Word in 1992 (what's amazing to me is that I
was using Exactly line spacing that early on), and I've never forgotten my
bewilderment.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The style you are using in your table is formatted with "Exactly" line
spacing. Create a style for the photos that has Single line spacing. You

can
use a different style for the text, which can be in a separate row, if
necessary. You do *not* want to change the wrapping from In Line With

Text.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.